Evergreen Valley Church Logo
Pastor Tim's Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

 

I will not be shaken - Psalm 62











What do you do when your life seems to be shaky? It could be a shaky day or week or month. What do you do when things seem to be falling apart?  Some people take matters into their own hands. Some people put their heads under the covers and hide.
Let me suggest to you another course of action – Psalm 62. This Psalm was written by David when his life was at the lowest. He lost his son Absalom and his heart was broken. He found stability in God. He found refuge in God. He found hope in God. I want to show you some verses that will help us find stability when life seems to be shaky.
Verses 1-2 – My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  David found stability in God being his salvation. God would deliver David from danger. God would be his fortress, his rock.  God will be the same for us.
Verses 5-6 – Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  David’s hope came from God. Our hope does not come from our bank account, our education, our career, our health or any other thing this world has to offer. Our hope is in God alone. The more I hope in God; the more stability and rest my soul experiences.
Verses 11-12 – One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done. God will reward us! God is strong and He is loving. Can you think of a better combination? Not only is God able to do anything, but God loves me. God has my best interest in his heart.

If you’re facing difficulty today, if you’re facing a shaky time in your life, know that God is your deliverer, God is your hope, God will reward you because He is loving and strong. Say with David in Psalm 62, “My soul finds rest in God alone…I will not be shaken!”

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?