Evergreen Valley Church Logo
Pastor Tim's Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

 

An Attitude Change: Inspired by Robin Roberts

I was watching a speech delivered by Robin Roberts on ESPN last night. I was inspired. I had no idea how much adversity this woman has been through. Needless to say, I don't watch Good Morning America. I was inspired by her speech because her attitude was so positive. There is something contagious about a positive attitude. I know this woman has deep faith in Jesus because it leaked out in her speech. It showed in her countenance. It radiated in her smile. And, her sister was a few rows back giving all the glory to God. Her hands were raised, her eyes were filled with tears and the joy of the Lord was in her heart. 
Two statements by Roberts were especially inspiring to me. She said, "When life give you a mess turn it into a message."  That requires an attitude change.  She also said, "When fear comes knocking on your door, let faith answer it." That requires an attitude change.
Chuck Swindoll wrote, "I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day to day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitude is right, there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me." (Strengthening Your Grip).
In order for me to change my attitude I've got to renew my thinking.
Romans 12:2, "Don’t be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him." (Contemporary English Version).

1. Let God change the way you think. Focus on Him. Get His Word into your brain every day.

2. View setbacks as detours, not dead ends. Followers of Jesus just don't face adversity, they embrace it. They know it leads to future success. They know God takes the negatives and makes them positive. People of faith take a mess and make it a message.

3. When you're afraid, praise God until your faith builds. Praising God not only ushers in His presence, it turns back our enemy.

4. When your heading into a battle, visualize yourself winning in God's strength. The victory is mine because the battle is the Lord's!

5. Weed out self-doubt by preaching to your soul. I don't need self-talk, I need God talk. David was an expert at this. He said to his soul, "Why so downcast O my soul. Put your hope in God. My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

6. Instead of worrying about the past and being anxious about the future, focus on the now. Your greatest influence is today! God said in Deuteronomy 33:25, "your strength will equal your days."  I can't change yesterday. I don't know about tomorrow. But today, I can walk in the strength of God.

May the God who give endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other as Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.    Romans 15:5-6


Comments:
Thank you for the beautiful message, remind us that our attitude not only affect others around us but also ourselves too. Until we had lost dearest one, then attitude changed and learned to cherish every single moment and appreciate everyone come across our path because this time will never come again. Good reminder, we human are very forgetful.

Let our humble heart give thanks of every single breath from the Lord. Give 100% attitude be kind to one another, as we will never know a smile, and love from God could touch a broken heart.
a t t i t u d e
1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100%

Let give praise, glory and power to our Father and Jesus Christ in Heaven.

 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?